Friday, May 24, 2013


Mrs. Porter’s

Second Grade Newsletter

Week of May 27-31,2013

 

Calendar of Events

Friday, May 24th-School night at the Bat Cave-6:00PM

Monday, May 27th-No School-Happy Memorial Day!

Wednesday, May 29th-Eighth Grade Graduation

Thursday, May 30th-Field Day!

Friday, May 31st- Last day of School-12:00PM dismissal

 

I wanted to tell you all thank you again for making me feel appreciated this week.  I now have a stash of goodies in my drawer at school and I’m set for the summer.  I have already used a few gift cards before baseball games and the notes were precious.  It’s been a great first year at Holy Spirit and I look forward to many more!

 

Please take some extra time to read and practice math facts over the summer.  The library is offering a great reading program to motivate students and First in Math will be up and running all summer.  Like I said before, if you have a child who fell below grade level on any assessments, I encourage you to look for summer opportunities to give them extra help.  Holy Spirit will be offering tutoring opportunities this summer and information will be coming soon.

 

Today our students went to an assembly featuring NED-a character that does Yo-Yo tricks(through a presenter named Christy) and teaches a good message.  Ask your child what NED stands for and have them show you the sheets that came with it.  If you wish to purchase a yo-yo the order form is in your child’s home folder and they can be ordered any day next week.

 

Next week will be a very busy week to end our school year!  On Wednesday, we will have our final celebration day here in the classroom.  Students may bring electronic devices to play that afternoon after we have cleaned out our desks and cleaned the classroom. 

For field day on Thursday, students need to wear gym clothes.  There will be a concession stand that day.  If the kids want to buy any treats, they need to bring some money.  I will also be asking the kids if they want to purchase a sack lunch that day.  Please let your child know on Wednesday if they will need a sack lunch so I can let the cafeteria know.  Spray your child with sun block that morning!

 

Finally, our last day is Friday.  We will be starting the day with our school mass and then it will be Awards.  Report cards will be coming home that day.

 

This will be my last newsletter of the year.  I want to thank you for your help and support at home this year.  It made my job much easier.  Have a terrific summer and thank you for sharing your children with me.  I wish them all the best and I will be praying for their success!

 

 

Sincerely,

 

 

Tasha Porter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment